Social cultural norms ascribed to men and women lead to gender inequality and impede development. Unequal decision making power and control over resources are such that men enjoy privileges and women’s opportunity to development is restricted. The women’s desk while concerned with women’s issues in general will have a special focus on addressing gender inequality in different settings.
Inadequate attention to gender issues
Institutions and community projects are not sensitive and lack awareness and skills on how to integrate gender issues in their work
- Capacity building for action
Individual and institution members and their community programs
Series of workshops for integration of gender issues in the existing work of the members in the network after assessing gender sensitivity by means of a questionnaire.
- To sensitize the CMAI’s network on incorporating a gender equity
- To enable women’s, men’s and adolescent groups in existing projects to recognize their own potential to transform, first their own lives through meaningful choices and the advocating for gender equitous Social attitude.
- Sensitize the network on incorporating a gender equity perspective within institutions
- Integrating gender perspective and transformation agenda into work through women’s groups.
- Organization are aware of gender perspective of women’s issues
- Organization have incorporated gender perspective in their work areas and made conscious effort to incorporate in their community-based programme
- Community groups are aware of gender-related problems and take steps to address the same
- Network is sensitized about transformational agenda in women’s/ community groups
A workshop on Integrating Gender Issues in Community Health Practice on 12th
of October 2005 in Bangalore. This workshop is part of the pre-conference programme
Christian Medical Association of India
Plot no 2, A-3 Local Shopping Centre
Janakpuri, New Delhi 110 058, India
Ph +91 11 255 9999 1/2/3
Fax +91 11 255 98 150
© Copyright. 2005 Christian Medical Association of India